Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A feminine and flirty office

Sara wanted a flirty and feminine office in her townhouse...A space that was only hers, where she could work and play. She had these three vintage paintings (similar to the ones in the mood board) that were her grandmothers, that she wanted the space to emulate. Here's what we came up with:

I completely fell in love with these vintage style brass bookcases, but unfortunately they were EXTREMELY expensive...read: out of our budget. So she ordered these at only $70 a pop

and sprayed them gold...
We found those garden stools at World Market (where else?) and lucky her, she got to spray them gold as well. We found the settee on overstock.com and it was over half our budget...completely worth it in my book though :). The pink chevron pillows are from Etsy (these exact ones are not available anymore, but you can find tons of pink chevron pillows on there).  The desk was a lucky find on her local Craigslist that I am obsessed with (it was actually a console table but was a fine size for a laptop and notebook...plus it was ... wait for it.....$60...can you believe it?). I was in love with the chair in the moodboard, but it was expensive with shipping, so we had to find a different option, so we ended up with this one:
The rug is the Luna Black and White chevron from Overstock.com found here...
and it was only $148.00.
In the end, I think we were both happy with this feminine space, and I think we did her grandmother's vintage floral paintings justice. I'm not generally a very feminine stylist, but I had a lot of fun with this space. What do you guys think?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how pretty! Great mix. I'm loving the new gold trends!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than seeing your lovely comments...except maybe wine...yeah wine makes me happier...but still I love your comments :)