Thursday, August 16, 2012

Overwhelmed...the only description of how I have been feeling lately....Lots going on, including some pretty big news in our little world (no, once again....I'm not pregnant), that I will eventually be able to share with you. In the meantime, I feel like I don't have as many home accomplishments to share with ya'll as I would like. So please stick with me, because as soon as life gets back on track so will my home posts. I do have a few small changes in the meantime...maybe mundane changes, but changes in any case. This blog post is nothing if not exciting...sense the sarcasm people...This is how the wall in our living room looked before....
There was nothing wrong with this cheap Target bookcase, of course, but it was not right in this space at all...The scale and shape were way off (too small, and needed to cover more horizontal space.) This is what it looks like now...


This last one was included, simply to show how adorable my husband is....trying to decipher the Swedish Ikea instructions :)
This is the Expedit bookcase from Ikea...Only $70, and adds tons of storage, and is the right size I think. The styling is still not right, but eventually I'll get it. In case your wondering...the boxes are from Michaels and hold extra remotes/cords/probably some nail clippers (lets be honest)...the gold vase and white bowl are both from Nebraska Furniture Mart, along with the large "Live, Love, Laugh" frame, and the keys are keys from all our past homes, and the jewelry box my engagement ring was in (I'm nothing if not sentimental). The lamp is from Old time pottery, and is about to be retired. The husband/wife figurine was a wedding gift from my Aunt. The cute blue candle holders are Ikea. Like I said before, the styling is not quite right, but I'm working on it...Actually it's sat like this untouched for over a month, but now I'll work on it. For styling tips check out this old post, where I pretend to know what I'm talking about...Anyways, what's new with you? Any exciting news? Any mundane home changes?...Do tell...

1 comment:

  1. I have this bookcase! Love it and seriously indestructible! Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than seeing your lovely comments...except maybe wine...yeah wine makes me happier...but still I love your comments :)