Monday, March 31, 2014

McDreamy's Dreamy Home...

Jillian and Patrick Dempsey's (you all know him as Dr. Derek Shepherd from Grey's Anatomy...me?, I know him as Ronald Miller from Can't Buy Me Love and Robert from Enchanted) 5000 square foot Frank Gehry home in Malibu is nothing short of Amazing. Sitting on five acres, shaded entirely by olive trees, this house oozes charm, casual coziness, and a natural, textural wonderland. 

The large palm (if you follow me on Instagram you know I love a good palm tree) and daybed greet you at the front of the property.

I love the comfortable dining space they created with a banquette and 4 large chairs.
Those green chaises had me at hello.
The living room is probably my favorite space. I could talk about the wood wall installation for hours...no seriously try me.
The bright and industrial kitchen is open to the rest of the home and I absolutely love the rustic island, that adds soul to a mostly commercial kitchen. And how cute is the chalkboard wall, that Jillian was inspired to do from Pinterest (yes, even the stars use Pinterest). 
And if they weren't adorable enough, this small Airstream trailer sits on the back of their property and is used for date nights for the couple....I mean, seriously....gush.
all images via Architectural Digest

What do you think? Is anyone else as enamored by this home as me?

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE! The airstream trailer is a genius idea, and I actually know a family that retrofitted one into a guest house on their property. So genius! Thank for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than seeing your lovely comments...except maybe wine...yeah wine makes me happier...but still I love your comments :)