Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Get me a beret...

Let me start by saying, I am no artist....
In fact, I have no art skills at all...
However, I've always loved to paint. I think it's the freedom to just do whatever I want, it's relaxing. In fact over the last year, I've spent many Saturday nights just messing around with acrylic paints on the same canvas over and over again, while drinking loads of wine of course. As an early Christmas gift, the hubby bought me some new supplies, so last weekend I decided to have some fun and paint something I could actually hang around our house. So with an odd corner of my living room in mind, I whipped up some DIY art. 
I apologize for the phone pic....it was late..
I definitely went the safe route on this one, with simple overlapping, but completely erratic stripes, but I had a lot of fun mixing the colors to create a color story that could fit in our home. The final product:
 And, no the chair and table do not permanently sit here, but their usual spot is currently being occupied by the Christmas tree.
And because I love me some ombre, I also whipped up this little beauty for my office:
This one is my favorite...Basically, just started with a deep olive green, and just kept adding a little white as I went to get the lighter tints.
Definitely, not the most exciting art, wont be in any gallery anytime soon, but I love the colors and it's mine. And I am excited to get a little more ballsy (yes, I said ballsy on the internet) next time and make some more personalized art for our home soon.
How about you guys? Any other wanna be artists out there? Any tips for an art challenged gal like me?
Linking up...

and
House of Hepworths!

4 comments:

  1. Love the ombre art! Definitely going to have to try this! Will be pinning for future reference :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, love the ombre art! Great idea,

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than seeing your lovely comments...except maybe wine...yeah wine makes me happier...but still I love your comments :)