Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cover those things up...

Now back to our regular scheduled blogging:
My living room Expedit bookcase has slowly been evolving with all it's new styling. Remember when it looked like this:
Ugh...so boring...than it looked like this:
Better, but not quite there...Part of the problem was this:

The keys, I love, only because they have sentimental value (they are each a key from a past home we had separate and together, and they key to the jewelry box my engagement ring was in)...and I'm nothing if not sentimental. The books though, weren't meshing well with my new styling. They were boring and beige. So I took a tip from 5th grade me and covered them. Instead of the old school kraft paper, however, I used fabric. And because, I used no tape/glue, and just covered and tucked the fabric around the book, it is in no way permanent....and because I used fabric that I had lying around, it was free...although I would love to find some fun/bright fabric (maybe in the $1 sample bin)...
This is what they look like now:

A small update but, one step closer to being finished with this little "moment" in my living room....on a side note, does anyone else find it kind of odd when designers say "moment."
 How about you guys? Anybody else channeling your 5th grade self for decorating tips? There would be a lot of posters of Devon Sawa and possibly the Spice Girls...probably...

11 comments:

  1. Completely heart warming, if everyone just skipped their Starbucks stop tomorrow we could seriously make this little boy's Christmas..come on people! Also love the covered books, and am mad that I never thought of that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost wrote that in the post (about Starbucks), didn't want to be pushy, but it is absolutely true! Thanks Leesa!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! Hopefully this can really help that family! Also, the book idea is fun, I recently pinned a tutorial on covering books with paper because I thought that could be pretty, but this sounds way easier, and way more fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it definitely won't change anything for them, but maybe put a smile on their face and buy some great toys for Christmas for this little boy :) And thanks, it literally took two minutes!

      Delete
  3. Wow, I went back and read the little boy's mom's journal post and it was seriously heart breaking. My heart goes out to this family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was balling, I can't even imagine what they are going through!

      Delete
  4. Thank you SO much for sharing precious Isaac with your readers....you have no idea how much I appreciate it and how grateful I am sure his family is. I wish we could do so much more, but every little bit helps.

    You have a great blog and an even greater influence. Thank you for using for a greater good.

    xoxo...appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I am proud to do whatever I can, and hope we can make even the smallest difference in this family's life. Thank you for letting me be a part of it!

      Delete
  5. Wow, this story is heartbreaking! Hope this will help his family and him out in some way! I guess every little bit helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this money obviously is not going to help pay off medical bills, but maybe it can help give them a good Christmas, and help pay for gas/food along the way! Every little bit really does help :)

      Delete

Nothing makes me happier than seeing your lovely comments...except maybe wine...yeah wine makes me happier...but still I love your comments :)