Friday, May 4, 2012

Lighting to love...

Let's talk about lighting...
As I chip away at the new office (pictures coming soon) I've been dying for new lighting (we HAVE to replace the boob lighting that exists in that office...that's right I said it...it looks like a boob...I'll give you a second) and while most of the lighting I've been lusting after is out of my price range for this room, I thought I'd still share some of my new favorites...

The Athena Chandelier from Zgallerie...I love the vintage nod and I can only imagine the gorgeousness that is reflected on the walls by this bad boy when it's on. But I really need a flush-mount or at least a semi flush-mount...the hubby's a tall guy, and if we ever decide to move the table in the middle of the room, we don't need him knocking his head on this :(
The Calais Chandelier, also from Zgallerie...Love the color of course, and it's definitely unique, but not right for my office in any sense. 
This brown and chrome flush mount chandelier could be really cool, and add a bit of glam, but there's something I don't love about it, and although the price isn't terribly high, I think we can do better...
A brass lotus light...ahh how I dream of you, but alas this one is vintage...From the 60s.. which reads out of my price range most likely, or a wild goose chase to find my own..It's also worth noting, that with vintage lighting, it can be difficult to install, and usually requires some serious finagling, which is a pain....and dangerous. Still pretty to look at though...

The Sophia Flushmount light from Circa Lighting...I luuurve this light, but once again out of my price range...
It's a good thing I love shopping...back to the drawing board...Happy Friday everyone!
            

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Nothing makes me happier than seeing your lovely comments...except maybe wine...yeah wine makes me happier...but still I love your comments :)